Re: default.htm default.asp

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 17:47:53 GMT
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 09:00:35AM -0800, Lung.Allen wrote:
> When indexing an IIS server that has a default page of default.asp what should the entry be in the swish.conf file?  swish-e is installed on RHAS indexing a remote IIS server!
>
> SwishProgParameters default http://iisServer/
>
> or
>

> SwishProgParameters default http://iisServer/default.asp

That depends on the server setup.  If you request just / then if the
server is setup to default to default.asp then that's what you get.
If it's setup to default to index.html then that will be returned.  If
neither are available then the server might show a directory listing, if
it's set up that way.

So, you need to understand how the server works and how it's confgured
to answer that question.

Or go to those URLs you list and see what happens.

> or is it not possible to index an IIS server with a default.asp?

See my previous response to that question.  Sure you can index
default.asp.