RE:

From: Bill Pavich <BPavich(at)not-real.nctimes.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 16:34:55 GMT
Hello Bill.
Yes, I'm running the latest swish-e on a sun box. I'm using it for local
file indexing only and it works great.
I am trying to hack swish.cgi to take two command line arguments.

  Arg[0] = "/path/to/index/file"
  Arg[1] = "full search arguments for swish-e"

I'm just not a perl guy, so I'm struggling hacking swish.cgi to take
these arguments and return the results. I'm setup for using
SWISH::TemplateToolkit. I'm trying to create links for some "quick
searches" on my indexes. You know, searches that 90% of folks will run.
So, to save them from setting up the search, I just wanted to use a
clickable href link they could just click on. I have about 6 or so of
these really commonly used searches. Now, the main search system uses
swish.cgi and TemplateToolkit and works really well.

Thanks.