Re: Complete Newbee Question SWISH-E

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 14:23:30 GMT
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 06:33:50PM -0800, OTR Comm wrote:
> What I currently do is work with a customized version of Squid to cache
> all my sites, but I do not let anyone accessing the system have access
> to the Internet, just the information stored in Squid.

Interesting system.

> Is SWISH-E capable of organizing by subjects, or are there other leads
> that someone might have to point me in the right direction.

Not really.  Swish-e just creates an inverted index for searching.

Ken Williams has done some work with this.  Check out

IIRC, it requires existing documents that are already in categories and
then can use those to categorize new documents.  I've never used it but
it looks interesting.

Bill Moseley