Re: soliciting spanish configuration files

From: jb <jb(at)not-real.riseup.net>
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 01:07:23 GMT
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 03:36:59PM -0800, Peter Farmer wrote:

> I would also appreciate any tips on indexing spanish documents too.
>
> I am running swish-e on english and spanish web sites. I dont speak spanish,
> so I cant be totally sure of the results coming out of the spanish indexes.
> So far no complaints, but then again I havent asked a spanish speaker to give
> it a thorough test. I didnt do anything different for the spanish site, and I
> get some errors when indexing, on some of the numeric entities used in the
> documents (written by a third party who does speak spanish).
>
> Thanks,

i'm doing swish-e on iso-8851 encoded documents (i.e with  instead of
&ntilde; or &#..; say) on latin languages and had no problems so far at
indexing.  also searches with accentued chars work fine.

in the cgi you may want to translate AND and OR in the local language to
make user feel at home, but otherwise the average setup works out of the
box for me.

didn't try with other encodings.

hth