Adding files from external site - suggestions?

From: Rob de Santos AFANA <rdesantos(at)not-real.afana.com>
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 18:20:42 GMT
Currently I index my site using the -prog option (a nightly cron job)
and these config lines among others:

IndexDir spider.pl

SwishProgParameters /home/afana/swish-e/lib/swish-e/SwishSpiderConfig.pl
http://www.afana.com

At the site we sell videos/DVDs thru an affiliation with another web
site.  Clicking on links from out site takes you to their site, e.g. the
link might be:

http://www.othersite.com/cgi-bin/at.pl?a=123456

which allows the customer to order and for us to get credit for the
sale.  However, if you are at our site and search for a DVD of a game
between Club A and Club B you won't find anything since the details are
external to our site.  Ideally, I would like to spider the relevant
portions of the other site (e.g.
http://www.othersite.com/dvd/index.asp) that the links would appear in
my swish-e index (subject to approval of the other webmaster).

Any suggestions on the cleanest way to proceed with this?  Anyone with
experience in a similar situation care to offer some advice?  Thanks.

Regards,

-Rob de Santos
-Columbus, Ohio USA
Chairman of the Board,
Australian Football Association of North America (AFANA)
ph: 1-888-4AFANA1 (North America) (1-888-423-2621)
ph: 1-614-338-0002 (outside NA)
e-mail: rdesantos(at)not-real.afana.com   web: <http://www.afana.com>
Contents of this message may not be posted
to the web or "blogged" without prior permission.