Re: IPTC filter for swish-e

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 21:12:25 GMT
On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:57:08PM -0800, Bill Conlon wrote:

> I've been looking into developing a filter to grab caption, category,
> keywords, author, date from an image library.
>
> It looks straightforward to modify the the sample filter to use
> Image::IPTCInfo

Which sample filter?   You might look at SWISH::Filters::ID3toHTML as an
example.

> I presume filters generally get swish-e to dump the contents into
> SwishDescription.

No, not normally.  They tend to just reformat the data so swish-e can
index it -- either into HTML meta tags or XML.

> But am I correct in assuming that I could use my
> filter to wrap the IPTC data in metatags prior to feeding swish-e, so I
> could get the use of Properties?

Yep, that's the way to go.

Try and use the SWISH::Filter framework if possible.  The idea is you
create your filter in the SWISH::Filters::* name space, make sure perl
can find it in @INC and it will automatically be added to the set of
filters that swish can use.