Re: Disabling highlighting, stemming, etc.

From: mike <kopplin(at)not-real.technoir.nu>
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 19:04:03 GMT
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Bill Moseley wrote:

> > How does one turn off highlighting when using swish.cgi?
>
> In the config (either in the program or in .swishcgi.conf)
>
> My suggestion is to use
>
>     highlight => undef,

Will do.

> > While trying to figure out highlighting I noticed another
> > problem. My error logs were filling up with errors about
> > highlighting requiring Stemmer.pm for stemmed indexes. But my
> > indexes weren't stemmed, or so I thought.
>
> They likely were stemmed.  Here's one way to check:
>
> $ swish-e -T index_header | grep Stemming
> # Stemming Applied: 1
> # Fuzzy Mode: Stemming_en

Yes, that's how I found it.

> > UseStemming yes          # means USE Stemming
> > UseStemming no           # STILL means USE Stemming
>
> Yikes.  That's enabling the Norwegian stemmer module "no".  I also see a
> note in parse_conffile.c when dealing with UseStemming:

Yikes indeed :)

Thanks for your help.

One more question please. When using DateRanges with swish.cgi,
where does the range of years in the dropdowns come from? One of
my mailing lists goes back to 1994, but the dropdown only to
1996. I'm using swish.cgi on two archives now and the ranges
seems fixed from 1996 - 2004. I only skimmed the source quickly
but I didn't see where this range was coming from.

Best regards,
Mike Kopplin