Re: file globbing on windows

From: Greg Ford <greg(at)not-real.reddfish.co.nz>
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 03:49:43 GMT
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 09:15:52PM -0800, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? Does Windows support something like the *
> > wildcard character?
>
> You might try installing the Bash shell on the Windows machine.

I think Bill's right, Windows handles these things completely differently
from Unix-like systems on Unix the expansion is done by the OS.

On windows the application is supposed to handle the wildcard,
I think there may be WIn32 OS support for wildcards, but a Unix application
(swish-e) would not normally know to call those functions.

The way to get around that is to use a bash shell ... ie cygwin
utilities.

Greg Ford