Re: non ISO-8859-1 headers

From: Tim Freedom <tim_freedom(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 05:11:50 GMT
--- Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:27:14PM -0800, Tim Freedom wrote:
> > The template I'm using is 'SWISH::TemplateToolkit' and in that file
> > '/usr/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/TemplateToolkit.pm' there is indeed a
> > "print $cgi->header;" line, but where do I change the contents of
> > that header variable (I hope it's user settable as well so that I
> > don't have to fish for it (or remember it) upon package upgrades, etc).
> > I tried to figure out where it is being set or how to modify it to
> > no avail.
>
> perldoc CGI
>
> You pass a parameter to the header() method.
>
> $ perl -MCGI -le 'print CGI->header( -charset => "UTF-8" )'

My bad, I totally overlooked that - apologies.  So is there a
means to pass the string via the user defined/modified files
(search.tt, conf files, etc) without having to touch the actual
template ?  My fear is that I'll forget to do this again next
time I upgrade or install a newer/different version plus its best
not to touch the application's authentic/source files if possible.

Regards,

 .tf.