Re: XML attributes in XML element content

From: Dave Moreau <davidjmoreau(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 00:08:33 GMT
Bill,

Thanks for your replies. I have another question. I've noticed the
description includes undefined attributes. My config file has the following:

IndexContents	XML2	.xml
UndefinedMetaTags	index
UndefinedXMLAttributes  ignore
MetaNameAlias	swishdefault	content
StoreDescription XML* <content>

My XML documents follow this pattern:

<doc>
..other tags
<content align="left">
..
</content>
</doc>

content.align is not defined anywhere in the configuration file, but
swish.cgi always shows the word left at the beginning of the description.
Searching does not find the undefined XMLattribute, and -p content.align
dives the expected error.

So my assumption is everything within the StoreDescription tag (excluding
element and attribute names) is included in the description while having no
effect on anything else. Am I correct in my understanding?

dave