non ISO-8859-1 headers

From: Tim Freedom <tim_freedom(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 09:43:35 GMT
I'm running 2.4.1 and had the following question (it might relate more
to Apache, but thought I'd ask as I wasn't able to find much help on this
in the docs).  The swish-e docs and examples all note that if you run
your CGI script you will see something akin to,

        <head>
           <title>

etc.  My question is how do I change that "charset" to say "utf-8"
instead of the current "ISO-8859-1".  I tried adding a meta tag within
my <head> tag to specify the charset I want, but that didn't help.  I
already have  "AddDefaultCharset utf-8" in my apache httpd.conf file,
yet it looks like apache is treating CGIs a bit differently or something
(using apache 1.3.29 on a Debian box).

Sorry for the noise and thanks.

 .tf.