Re: jsFind & windows

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 10:50:04 GMT
On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 09:25, wrote:
> Hi, I have to create a search function to my offline homepage distributed=
> a DVD. Indexing with swish-e works great with the windows port. But as th=
> is no offline search tool execept the outdated applet,

There is the SwishCtl ActiveX control included with SWISH-E 2.4.x.  But
that's not ideal since it only works with IE on Windows.  I really like
the idea of jsFind since it works with most browsers on any platform.

> compile swish-e on my windows machine (I tried it via Cygwin, but I gave =
up after a while...).

No need for Cygwin emulation.  So its not well supported.  MinGW will
work fine if you have the SWISH-E build environment setup.  Needs
libxml2, zlib, and pcre libraries and headers to build.=20
(src/win32/ shows how its built with MinGW.)

> So my question: Does anyone of you has the abilty to send me a patched 2.=
4.0 swish-e.exe for windows?=20

I've been thinking about that lately.  I'll see if I can build a patched
swish-e.exe sometime today.=20

 David Norris
  ICQ - 412039

to a plain text message.