Re: error mkstemp.h

From: Ppt <ppt(at)not-real.phaseplane.com>
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 15:33:55 GMT
--------- Original Message --------
From: moseley@hank.org
To: Multiple recipients of list <swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [SWISH-E] Re: error mkstemp.h
Date: 03/02/04 20:57

> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:23:03PM -0000, Ppt wrote:
> &gt; Hey Bill
> &gt;
> &gt; Thanks for the response.
> &gt;
> &gt; Here is what I did...I was able to install the cygnus toolkit for
> &gt; tru64. So now I am using gnu_make and gcc. I also added the the
> &gt; other files from the README.
> &gt;
> &gt; However, now I get this during the make
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt; /bin/bash ../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2   -o libswexpat.la
> &gt; xmltok.lo xmlrole.lo xmlparse.lo  -lm
> &gt; rm -fr  .libs/libswexpat.a
> &gt; ar cru .libs/libswexpat.a .libs/xmltok.o .libs/xmlrole.o
.libs/xmlparse.o
> &gt; ar: .libs/libswexpat.a: File truncated
>
> Don't know.  A google search for:
>
>   ar &quot;File Truncated&quot; tru64
>
> shows a few others with the same issue.
>
> I would try and run those commands directly and see if you can reproduce
> the problem outside of make.  Try various combinations of .o files --
> you might be able to find out what's causing your &quot;ar&quot; program
to fail.

> Sorry for the trouble.
>
> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley@hank.org

Thanks Bill for the response

I found the fix for my problem. I went back to the native compilier on
tru64.1B-1. However, I went back and was using the native version of make
that came with this version of tru64.

That version of make was the problem. It would kick out the error on not
being able to find mkstemp.h. However, when I used the gnu version on
make no problem I get "Passed all three tests". I was using gnu make version
3.79.1.

Once again thanks for your help in this matter. The key did turn out to
be the google search with the ar problem in the cygnus toolkit I was using
on tru64

cheers

Doug