Re: difference in XML2 vs HTML2 ?

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 17:12:16 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 10:02:38PM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:
>>The difference seems to be that the XML2 version splits words on tags,
>>while the HTML2 parser does not.
> That might be true in some cases.  It's been discussed on the list
> before how to deal with
> is that one or two words?

ah. So this:

refers to this issue:

     *  Insert whitespace between tags Parser.c was updated to flush the
text buffer before and after every (non-inline HTML) tag.

         The problem was that:

         would index as a single word "foobarbaz".

Where is the list of non-inline HTML tags defined? In the libxml2 HTML
parser, or in swish-e somewhere?

> Someone still uses -h?

<grin> you mean instead of --help or something?

> No, did you look at the code in check_html_tag()?

I will.

> As for the rest of your question... you will have to wait.  My wife says
> I have to make the coffee.

hope it was good and greasy.

Peter Karman - Software Publications Programmer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 -