Re: How to install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel and HTM

From: Marko Faldix <marko.faldix(at)not-real.mplusr.de>
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 15:36:23 GMT
Hi,

a few problems are solved!

This didn't work for me - I had error message "Panic: Can't find bfs
section" whenever I called ppm on commandline.
Then I was a litte bit confused and thought it was the fact which was
mentioned during installation of ActivePerl-5.8 about ppm and licensing...

> > > This should work if you don't know the module name:
> > >   ppm install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
> >
> > ppm requires a license of ASPN Perl. Seems to be a new fact.

.. but it is not right. Only profile functionality requires license; ppm
works without it.

> Not ppm.  That's part of their ActivePerl free download.  Do you have a
> URL that shows that has changed?

[snip]

After cleaning installation of ActivePerls ppm works now as easy as it was
an cpan installation under linux. I wasted no time and installed immediately

ppm> install Spreadsheet-ParseExcel

After reindexing I got all Microsoft Excel documents into it. The original
Open Office Org Table Document was not indexed, but it wasn't promised, or
should it be?

Marko Faldix