Re: How to install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel and HTM

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 13:52:35 GMT
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 04:41:49AM -0800, Marko Faldix wrote:

> > >   ppm install Spreadsheet-ParseExcel
> > This should work if you don't know the module name:
> >   ppm install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
> ppm requires a license of ASPN Perl. Seems to be a new fact.

Not ppm.  That's part of their ActivePerl free download.  Do you have a
URL that shows that has changed?

They do charge for all their developer tools, though.  You also pay for
PerlEx for fast perl execution on IIS.

  "we provide the ActivePerl packages free to the Perl community."

    * Platform Installers
    * Core Perl
    * Perl Package Manager (PPM) <<<<<<<
    * Documentation

BTW -- to follow up on a thread from last week on IIS and the current
working directory, here's an old report:

I assume they mean "relative" instead of "virtual".  Also it doesn't
seem like it every got resolved -- other places I read that changing the
working directory would cause other scripts to then fail.

Bill Moseley