Re: How to install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel and HTM

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 13:52:35 GMT
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 04:41:49AM -0800, Marko Faldix wrote:

> > >   ppm install Spreadsheet-ParseExcel
>
> > This should work if you don't know the module name:
> >   ppm install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
>
> ppm requires a license of ASPN Perl. Seems to be a new fact.

Not ppm.  That's part of their ActivePerl free download.  Do you have a
URL that shows that has changed?

They do charge for all their developer tools, though.  You also pay for
PerlEx for fast perl execution on IIS.

http://activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/

  "we provide the ActivePerl packages free to the Perl community."

  Features

    * Platform Installers
    * Core Perl
    * Perl Package Manager (PPM) <<<<<<<
    * Documentation

BTW -- to follow up on a thread from last week on IIS and the current
working directory, here's an old report:

  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q151/9/63.asp&NoWebContent=1

I assume they mean "relative" instead of "virtual".  Also it doesn't
seem like it every got resolved -- other places I read that changing the
working directory would cause other scripts to then fail.