How to install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel and HTML::Entities

From: Marko Faldix <marko.faldix(at)not-real.mplusr.de>
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 11:07:11 GMT
Hello,

Maybe nice to have if excel files could indexed, too.

swish-e version: 2.4.1
perl v5.6.1
win2k

I have got a simple question as non Perl programmer and still no answer
found in documentation and discussion:

If I search for Spreadsheet::ParseExcel  and HTML::Entities at
http://search.cpan.org
I got source files ParseExcel.pm and Entities.pm but no installing
instruction.

Where do I have to put them (on Windows)? I tried different directories. Is
it true that Filter.pm finds them automatically if they are placed in
appropriate place?

Maybe someone with linux could post his pathes to ParseExcel.pm and
Entities.pm and I find equivalent on win.

Nothing works unless I put ParseExcel.pm and Entities.pm into

C:\Programme\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\perl\SWISH\Filters

Then using a simple Open Office Table saved as excel 95 I get error message:

C:\home\mydir\swish>Perl C:\Programme\SWISH-E\swish-filter-test
http://localhost/OpenOfficeTestTabelle95.xls
Subroutine Version redefined at C:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/Entities.pm line 77.
Subroutine decode_entities_old redefined at
C:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/Entities.pm li
ne 364.
Subroutine encode_entities redefined at C:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/Entities.pm
line 3
81.
Subroutine num_entity redefined at C:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/Entities.pm line
404.
Can't locate object method "new" via package "SWISH::Filters::Entities"
(perhaps
 you forgot to load "SWISH::Filters::Entities"?) at
C:\Programme\SWISH-E\lib\swi
sh-e\perl/SWISH/Filter.pm line 709.

Otherwise using other directories I got what I meant by "nothing works":

Document http://localhost/OpenOfficeTestTabelle95.xls was not filtered.
   Document:     http://localhost/OpenOfficeTestTabelle95.xls
(http://localhost/OpenOfficeTestTabelle95.xls)
   Parser type:

** C:\Programme\SWISH-E\swish-filter-test:
  Skipping binary [http://localhost/OpenOfficeTestTabelle95.xls]

Marko Faldix