Re: search.cgi: missing "Limit search to: all"

From: Marko Faldix <marko.faldix(at)not-real.mplusr.de>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 10:27:57 GMT
Hi,

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 07:27:15AM -0800, Marko Faldix wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I missed radio button "all" for "Limit search to" if calling search.cgi
in
> > Browser without any URL parameters (such like a first call to the search
> > area) and found a workaround:
> >
> > calling search.cgi? instead of search.cgi, so just add a "?" to the end
of
> > the link to the cgi script
>
> Hi Marko,
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you are describing, and I'm not clear how
> adding ? to the URL without any CGI parameters changes anything.
>
> Can you give some examples?
>
> > If I called the search.cgi for the first time I couldn't choose
searching
> > for all. After doing a first search with some other limit the
radiobutton
> > for "all" was presented. Then I found out, just the "?" in URL caused
> > showing required all-Button. It is a workaround.
>
> Do you mean that calling http://localhost/swish.cgi shows:
>
>   Limit search to: Title & Body Document Path Title author keywords
description expires

> (i.e. without "all")?  But if you use http://localhost/swish.cgi? then
> "all" is displayed?
>
> Odd.  I don't see that happening and I'm not sure why that would make a
> difference.

You understood it the right way.

I solved the problem wasting some time:

It was a cache issue in Opera! Retyping or recalling URL
http://localhost/swish.cgi in Opera calls cache since there are no
parameters or at least a ? (question mark) after it. I had to use refresh
option in Opera if no parameters given to see changes anywhere made.

Marko