Re: Using filter.pm - problems with open2 in Win 2000

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 23:20:01 GMT
On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 17:42, Allan_Watts@amp.com.au wrote:
> Interesting that you found it a bit erratic.   In fact 64 files completed
> was the best I ever got - which was always after rebooting my PC (I didn'=
> think you had to do that with Win 2000 ).   If re-running in the same
> Command Prompt session after failure, the session froze usually on the 2n=
> file, sometimes the 3rd ...

Interesting, it never froze for me.  It would simply fail with the
NOWAIT message but only on the 65th run.  Often it would make it through
all 68 of my test files when using filter.pm.  However, it would
frequently fail with the simple test script.  waitpid seemed to fix the
problem reliably for either case.

So, I have no clue.  I'll keep looking.  At worst, maybe there is some
way to workaround the problem.  There seems to be little good
information on the subject, though.

--=20
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/