Re: search.cgi: missing "Limit search to: all"

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 18:00:50 GMT
On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 07:27:15AM -0800, Marko Faldix wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I missed radio button "all" for "Limit search to" if calling search.cgi in
> Browser without any URL parameters (such like a first call to the search
> area) and found a workaround:
>
> calling search.cgi? instead of search.cgi, so just add a "?" to the end of
> the link to the cgi script

Hi Marko,

Sorry, I don't understand what you are describing, and I'm not clear how
adding ? to the URL without any CGI parameters changes anything.

Can you give some examples?

> If I called the search.cgi for the first time I couldn't choose searching
> for all. After doing a first search with some other limit the radiobutton
> for "all" was presented. Then I found out, just the "?" in URL caused
> showing required all-Button. It is a workaround.

Do you mean that calling http://localhost/swish.cgi shows:

  Limit search to: Title & Body Document Path Title author keywords description expires

(i.e. without "all")?  But if you use http://localhost/swish.cgi? then
"all" is displayed?

Odd.  I don't see that happening and I'm not sure why that would make a
difference.

Are you using something from the %ENV hash to locate your .swishcgi.conf
file?  That is, is it possible that you are using two different
.swishcgi.conf files?