Re: Core dump while sorting?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 15:17:40 GMT
On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 12:52:06AM -0800, Daniel Eckstein wrote:

> So far so good. I do have 4 indexes from 4 different dms
> here. 3 are working well, the 4th - and largest - gives me a
> coredump while sorting (it has everything indexed fine
> at this point).

If you can get a reasonably small set of input data that causes the
problem then I could take a look.  Otherwise, it's a matter of running
swish-e inside gdb and find out where and why it's dumping core.  The
sort code was updated lately so you may have hit upon a bug.

> Beside this I got a question regarding PhraseHighlight. Is there
> a (sorry) faster solution? I tested with DefaultHighlight and
> there was indeed a very big speed gain, but I dont want to miss
> phrasehighlighting.

If you really want the exact highlighting features all I could recommend
is pre-parsing the documents and cache them using Perl's Storable.  But
that PhraseHighlight module is really a dog.

I was sent some code that will highlight phrases much faster, but at the
cost of some accuracy.  I'll see if I can dig that up if you like --
it's not a drop-in code replacement, though.