Re: Using filter.pm - problems with open2 in Win 2000

From: <Allan_Watts(at)not-real.amp.com.au>
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 06:12:10 GMT
Thanks David,

Much appreciated.

Allan

David L Norris <dave@webaugur.com>@sunsite.berkeley.edu on 19/01/2004
01:42:01 PM

Please respond to dave@webaugur.com

Sent by:    swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu

To:    Multiple recipients of list <swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu>
cc:
Subject:    [SWISH-E] Re: Using filter.pm - problems with open2 in Win 2000

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 20:37, Allan_Watts@amp.com.au wrote:
> All works fine for the first 64 files.  Then for the 65th file I get this
> message:

Maybe we need to modify windows_fork() a bit in Filters.pm...  Looks
like IPC on Win32 is limited to 64 processes (and that assumes all the
pipes close properly).

Bill, any thoughts?  Meanwhile, I'll see if I can reproduce the problem
and find a solution.

--=20
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/
  ICQ - 412039

to a plain text message.

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
information that is confidential and is subject to legal privilege. If you are not
the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this
message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of AMP. Before
opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.