Re: Novice question: unknown MetaNames error

From: Julie Wetherill <julie(at)not-real.gentoo.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 13:53:04 GMT
Hi Bill,

Actually, the MetaNames directive was in the conf file from the beginning.
I reindexed over and over, looking for causes of the problem, but not until
addition of PropertyNames did a search by metaname work. When searching by
metaname, there must be a dependency on definitions in PropertyNames.

By the way, can someone explain the attribute "first" -- this, along with
"author" was assigned to MetaNames when I first took a look at the conf file.

Thanks.  --julie

At 07:49 PM 1/15/2004, you wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 04:03:29PM -0800, David Wood wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > OK, perhaps this makes me a newbie-newbie, but why would adding
> > 'description' to PropertyNames help here?  I thought MetaNames were things
> > to _search_ on, and PropertyNames were things to _display_ in search
> > results.  And in Julie's example she had 'description' in MetaNames,
> > _searched_ on 'description', and didn't try to display any wacky
> > properties.  So why didn't her initial example work?
>
>It didn't, I'm sure.
>
>My guess is that the MetaNames was added later and not reindexed.  Then
>the PropertyNames was added and only then was swish-e run again.
>
>[anyone else notice that message threading finally works!]
>

>--
>Bill Moseley
>moseley@hank.org

Julie Wetherill
Office for Information System
Harvard University Library
1280 Massachusetts Ave., Suite 404
Cambridge, MA 02138

ph 617.495.3724
fx 617.495.0491
julie_wetherill@harvard.edu

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx