Re: Got it working on Windows IIS

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 16:42:37 GMT
[back to the list]

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:23:14PM +0100, Marko Faldix wrote:
> > Did the swish-e installer place those modules there?  Last I checked
> > the modules were installed in <installdir>\lib\swish-e\perl just like on
> > Unix.
>

> That may be the point. I ADDED this line to the one which was already there
> placed by installation routine. So the first lines of my swish.cgi are:
>
> #!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -w
> package SwishSearch;
> use strict;
>
> # This is set to where Swish-e's "make install" installed the helper
> modules.
> use lib qw( C:\Programme\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\perl );
> use lib qw( C:\Programme\SWISH-E\share\doc\swish-e\example\modules );
>
> my $DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE = 'C:\home\mydir\swish\.swishcgi.conf';
>

> The first of the above two "use lib" - lines was already provided by the
> installation routine.

Ok, so look in C:\Programme\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\perl and see if the
modules are installed there.  If not then there's something broken in the
Windows installer, but it's seems unlikely since the path used to
install the modules is the same one used to update swish.cgi at install
time.

> That's a goed question, I am going to believe there is no working directory
> for Perl script, or is it where Perl.exe is? I am not so familiar with Perl,
> send me a cgi script for perl which prints cwd on browser so I could tell
> what IIS here does If you want to.

Well, I would hope that there's *some* concept of current directory (I'm
sure there is), so it's a matter of finding out how IIS deals with CGI
scripts.  [Isn't setting the current working directory part of the CGI
"standard"??]

You should be able to do something like this near the top of swish.cgi
to find out:

   use Cwd;
   print STDERR "swish.cgi thinks the cwd is set to " . getcwd() . "\n";

assuming that STDERR actually goes some place on Windows (like the web
server error log).