Re: Wildcard and Boolean search with swish

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 15:17:43 GMT
On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 07:08:49AM -0800, Timo Haberkern wrote:

> i read in the documentation that a wildcard (*) is only allowed at the
> end of a word. Is that right? Is there no workaround for that?

Yes, that's right.

> My other problem is that i didn't find how to make boolean searches like
> "word1 AND word2". Is taht impossible too? That would be bad :-(

  -w word1 AND word2   # boolean AND
  -w word1 word2       # default is boolean AND
  -w word1 and word2   # same -- case does not matter

Or do you me with actual quotes?

  -w '"word1 and word2"'

in that case the "and" is not a boolean operator because it's in quotes
as part of that phrase.