RE: Server or documet limit on spider.pl

From: Aaron Bazar <aaronb(at)not-real.spamcop.net>
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 18:14:06 GMT
FYI,

I have used spider.pl to grab over 100,000 documents over a period of 16
hours. I have, at other times, run into some issues where spider.pl starts
using up a huge chunk of memory. I never was able to determine why it
happened sometimes and not others. You may want to try again to spider the
pages and keep an eye on the resources used. Your server might be killing it
off because it is using too much memory.

Best regards,

Aaron Bazar
http://www.apexembeded.com
http://www.xordata.com