Re: UTF-8

From: Tim Freedom <tim_freedom(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 21:06:31 GMT
--- Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:
> the only correct way would be to convert to utf-8 internally and
> that's a huge project, as I said before.

Howdy all, so currently swish-e will not index/search a UTF-8 string
as noted above.  In order to do such searches major portions will
need to be rewritten.  Seems like this rewrite will really usher a
new era and user base to swish-e, could a date be thrown out there
that would estimate when such work would take place ?  Could more
details be cited on what needs to be done (outline) so that people
could possible pick-up various pieces to get the ball rolling ?

Regards,

 .tf.