Re: SWISH - IE -Integration - possible?

From: Johan Coetzer <jcoetzer(at)>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 13:20:11 GMT
I have written something that might be useful to you.
Unfortunately a web server is required, since CGI is used.
Apache is available for Windows, and works fine on a
stand-alone PC/notebook. I don't know of another way of
doing searches in a browser. If there is, I would benefit
from knowing about it.

It is a CGI program, written in C, that will
1) search SWISH-E indexes
2) display a list of matched documents, each with a summary
of lines form the original documents, with the hits
highlighted. For an example of this list check out

3) there are hyperlinks to the original documents and to an
HTML version of the document, with hits highlighted. For an
example of this, see

For the code, go to

The subproject that will interest you is called

It relies on another subproject to filter the original
files to ASCII text, called ac_filter_docs.

Documentation on the above is very sparse at present, but
it might be what you're looking for.

Johan Coetzer

Johan Coetzer
Tel: 012-5676457(H) 011-7993426(W)