Re: SWISH - IE -Integration - possible?

From: Johan Coetzer <jcoetzer(at)not-real.mailbox.co.za>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 13:20:11 GMT
I have written something that might be useful to you.
Unfortunately a web server is required, since CGI is used.
Apache is available for Windows, and works fine on a
stand-alone PC/notebook. I don't know of another way of
doing searches in a browser. If there is, I would benefit
from knowing about it.

It is a CGI program, written in C, that will
1) search SWISH-E indexes
2) display a list of matched documents, each with a summary
of lines form the original documents, with the hits
highlighted. For an example of this list check out

http://myweb.absa.co.za/jhnctzr/Knowledge_Mapper_results.htm

3) there are hyperlinks to the original documents and to an
HTML version of the document, with hits highlighted. For an
example of this, see

http://myweb.absa.co.za/jhnctzr/Knowledge_Mapper_doc.htm#HIT001

For the code, go to

http://kmapper.sourceforge.net/

The subproject that will interest you is called
ac_search_cgi.

It relies on another subproject to filter the original
files to ASCII text, called ac_filter_docs.

Documentation on the above is very sparse at present, but
it might be what you're looking for.

Regards
Johan Coetzer

http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk