mysql and swishe

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 22:16:36 GMT
I'm hoping for some feedback from swish-e users out there who are also
using mysql.

I know that some folks use swish-e to index mysql tables for searching.
Is there a reason you do that instead of just querying the database
directly? Is there a big performance difference?

I am just starting to research a significant mysql project and haven't
used it before. I've toyed off and on with using swish-e as the backend
instead of mysql, but that seems to be advantageous only for read-only
searching, not doing any kind interaction that would require saving data.

Horror/success stories welcome.

pek
--
Peter Karman - Software Publications Engineer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 - mailto:karman@cray.com