Re: search index with no keyword supplied

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 20:45:20 GMT
On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 12:23:24PM -0800, brad@auroraquanta.com wrote:

> I have an index with a property called adweight and i just want records
> with an adweight >= 3, so I have been trying variations of:
>
> swish-e.2.2 -w "foo" -p adweight -L adweight \>\= 3 -f indexes/bk.index

Using swish-e for something other than a full-text search engine?  Maybe
this would be better?

  SELECT * from table WHERE adweight >= 3

> as long as i have a -w value, the search works fine, but i want to get all
> records.
>
> i have tried -w"*" and -w "", but, no soup.

How about a hint?

Search for all documents that do NOT have a word that you know exists in
NONE of the documents.

In other words, if you search for a word that returns no results,
then searching for "not" that word should return all documents.