Categorization with SWISH-E

From: Johan Coetzer <jcoetzer(at)not-real.mailbox.co.za>
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 16:58:27 GMT
Hi all

Last year I wrote a categorization engine using a COTS
search engine. The idea is to create an alphabetical index
for a collection of docs, with indexed words hyperlinked
inside the docs. I've since given up on it, and it will
probably never see the light of day again.

The code has now been ported to use the SWISH-E search
engine. It is in a usable form, although a lot of work
remains. I have now released the code under GPL.

For those who are interested, point your browsers to
http://kmapper.sourceforge.net

Let me know if anyone thinks this project is worthwhile.

Incidentally, part of the project is a CGI (written in C)
that provides hit highlighting. This might be worth
releasing as a seperate project.

Johan Coetzer
Email: jcoetzer@mailbox.co.za
 Look Good, Feel Good www.healthiest.co.za