8-bit chars

From: John Angel <angel_john(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 12:22:08 GMT
I have added chars above ASCII 127 to WordCharacters but it still displays
blanks instead of them. Where's the catch?

BTW, I have noticed that in WordCharacters there are only small caps chars.

UTF-8 support would be great, but I understand it requires major rewrite. Is
it possible to have at least full 8-bit chars support instead?

Searching through previous posts shows that the problem could be in
UTF8Toisolat1() and tolower() functions, but I am not sure how to change and
fix that.

Thanks
John