RE: Problem with popup_menu and swish.cgi

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 00:14:53 GMT
On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 04:07:50PM -0800, David Fishburn wrote:

> > Is "SELECT_BY_META" defined some place?
>
> Yes, this is defined in my .swishcgi.conf

It doesn't work that way, sorry.  Template-Toolkit makes it somewhat
easier, but with HTML::Template there's a module that swish.cgi uses to
load up a hash with data for the template: TemplateHTMLTemplate.pm.

If all you want to do is change the widget to a different style then
change this code:

   <TMPL_IF LIMITS>
        <!-- not really implemented -->
        <TMPL_LOOP LIMITS>
            <input type="checkbox" name="sbm" value="<TMPL_VAR VALUE>" /><TMPL_VAR LABEL>
        </TMPL_LOOP>
    </TMPL_IF>

If you want to have the .swishcgi.conf settings select the type of
widget then you would need to modify TemplateHTMLTemplate.pm so that
info is available in the HTML::Template hash.

Again, I think it's just easier to edit the template.  My guess is
that's why I didn't add support for this in the first place.