Advice on Integrating Swish-E into a Microsoft Based Web Site

From: Ken Ray <KRAY(at)not-real.mississippi.org>
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 17:04:41 GMT
I am looking for some advice on how to use Swish-E on a web site that
runs under Microsoft IIS (version 5), using ASP and (more importantly)
ASP.Net technology.

I have set up and build search pages using Swish-E on Apache servers,
and if we really have to, could put Perl on our IIS server.  However,
management here are leery about introducing yet another programming
language and technology into our environment.

I notice there is a link on the main Swish-E web site to the Swish-EX
com component, but I am not sure how current this is, and I want to
avoid going the ASP / Com path.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice for me? (Apart from
tossing out IIS, .Net and replacing it with far better technology, in my
opinion!)

Thanks
Ken Ray
Mississippi Development Authority