Re: Memory free error! At mem.c line 653

From: J Robinson <jrobinson852(at)>
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 22:15:24 GMT
--- wrote:

> > > 5.8.2 is the current version.  Try that?
> >
> > I'll try that next. I've been standardized on perl
> > 5.6.1 for a while now and had no reason to upgrade
> > (till now perhaps).
> > [...snip...] today I was able to
> > reproduce the exact same problem on a completely
> > different machine. Both machines are running
> > swish-2.4.0 and perl-5.6.1; one is RH-6.1, the
> other
> > is  RH-7.2.
> Are you able to find a small set of source documents
> that will generate
> the segfault?  Is it just a matter of a specific
> search or a result of
> some number of searches?

I wasn't able to narrow down a set of documents that
caused the core dump, but it would almost always occur
on certain searches (and never on other searches).

I did try the same searches with perl-5.8.2, and there
was no resulting core dump from the command line nor
under mod_perl. I'm in the process of migrating my
servers from perl 5.6.1 to perl 5.8.2.

Let me know if you'd like me to research this more.

Do you Yahoo!?