multiple searches on a site

From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak(at)not-real.dimebank.com>
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 21:56:54 GMT
OK, I feel like I'm being dense, but ...

I have multiple collections on the same web server that I'd like
to index and allow to be searched with swish.cgi. What's the best
way to go about this?

My first temptation was to put swish.cgi into the cgi-bin directory,
but then the config file stuff doesn't really work, because the
notion of current directory is broken. So I could have multiple
copies (symlinks, perhaps) of swish.cgi, one per collection home
page. But then ... where does the modules stuff go for the
templates? Should I just install those in the local perl
stash of goodies?

Like I said, I feel like I'm being dense, but it isn't at all obvious.
Others must have faces this before.

Thanks,
chris