Re: A swish-e performance question

From: Patrick O'Lone <polone(at)not-real.townnews.com>
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 22:33:31 GMT
All,

> > There is a 2GB limit index file. So I think that you will reach the
> > limit of swish easily. But, the solution must be easy. You can hack
> > the source the code and make it 64 bit. The trick is easy. Look for
> > fopen, fclose, fseek, fwrite... routines in the code, mainly in
> > db_native.c
> >
> > I have seen this question before. Anyone in the list has made
> > anything? If not, and if I find some time I will try to add this
> > feature. Now, I am fighting against the PHP module.

Can't you just compile with the -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE?
Shouldn't this just make it 64-bit assuming the file system the index
resides on is LFS-aware? You shouldn't have to go through the code and
convert fopen() to fopen64().

If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about the aforementioned
message, you can respond by replying to this message or contacting us at
(309)-743-0800. Thank you.

Regards,

Patrick O'Lone
Software Project Manager