Re: Filtering terms with swish.cgi

From: Dave Moreau <davidjmoreau(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 02:16:51 GMT
> > > should be converted to the terms 'blah (gen001001 or gen001002)' and
> >sent
> > > to swish-e.exe (actually, I will use disjunction). The 'blah' can be
> > > anywhere in the document (not limited to meta tags).
> >
> >Yes, so look at that spot I pointed out.  You would do someting like:
> >
> >   my $verses = $q->param('verses');
> >   if ( $verses ) {
> >       my $verses_key = convert_to_verses_id( $verses );
> >       $query .= " and verse=($verses_key)" if $verses_key;
> >   }
> >
> >So basically you are just adding that on to the existing query string.
>
>That's what I tried before, but I must have missed something. Thanks for
>the
>quick reply.
>I'll try playing with $query again.

I tried something like this:

my $query = $q->param('query') || '';
my $verses = $q->param('verses') || '';
$query .= ' ' . $verses;

just to see if it would work, and unfortunately, I got the same results as
before:
1 - only the original query terms from $q->param('query') are used for the
search
2 - $verses is only appended in the query text box when the page reloads

How do I use the additional terms in my search?

dave