Re: Burn index and website on cd

From: <jan_janssen(at)not-real.agilent.com>
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 12:47:19 GMT
Hi Dave,

thanks for the help.

> Here are some preliminary docs; see the entry for the Init() function:
>   http://webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/ctldoc/API.html

Unfortunately as much as I see I can only change the filename of the indexfile (init) but not the path to it :-(  Would it be easy to implement this into the activeX?

> There is C++ source code for an example setup program in the swishctl
> CVS repository.  Although, using a script-based installer like NSIS
> would be easier to customize (and wouldn't require a C++ compiler).

I could find a zip with a win32 exe <http://webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/swishctl.zip>
But unfortunately it seem to be build for version 2.35 and I can't find swish-e version 2.35 on the servers (either there is 2.2 or 2.4) :-(
As I don't have a C++ compiler installed, could somebody so me the favour to send me a win32  setup.exe for 2.4? Maybe with the fix for the variable path (see above)?

> See the indexing config section of the manual:
>   http://swish-e.org/dev/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_ReplaceRules

Thanks, missed that.

Anyhow, I'm curious: Am I the first one who tries to create a search for a CD and get's into all this trouble? Is there maybe a faster way to use the index files of swish-e (the only thing I found was a java applet and that is quite outdated (1.3))? Or do you use another engine to do offline searches?

Jan