RE: Anyone using the PHP module?

From: Patrick O'Lone <polone(at)>
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 18:53:11 GMT

Functionally, I have crossed a bug. But I can't say I like the API that much
- it functions more like a Perl module rather than a PHP module. Normally,
PHP modules are engineered just a thin wrapper around the C equivalent
functions. The official SWISH-E PHP extension returns objects that have
methods written in C. It's a little different to program with that a
standard PHP extension would be.

Normally in PHP, you would do something like:

$hSwishe = swishe_create("index1", "index2");

Where swishe_create() would return a resource rather than an object. I guess
the design decision was to make it as close the Perl API as possible though,

Is there going to be a SWISH-E API for indexing as well?

If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about the aforementioned
message, you can respond by replying to this message or contacting us at
(309)-743-0800. Thank you.

Patrick O'Lone
Software Project Manager