Re: Win 2000, swish-e Filters

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 21:29:13 GMT
On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 02:00:32PM -0700, Sharon Beall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have swish-e running and working on a Unix box for years.  I now have to
> implement it on a Win2000 machine :(.  Install was easy.  I put it in
> C:\tools.  I can index and search fine, except I need to use the
> FileFilters for pdf, etc etc.  Just trying to do pdfs and I'm failing.

Do you have to share the index file with other versions of swish?

2.4.0 is just about out -- I was just testing 2.4.0-pr4 on Windows and
filtering is much easier when spidering.  Since you are indexing .asp
files I'd think you would want to spider.

I think on Win2K you can just say:

config:
  SwishProgParameters default http://localhost/index.html
  IndexDir spider.pl

And then run
  swish-e -S prog -c config

and it will index your word and pdf files.

> err: IndexContents: Unknown document type ".pdf"

  IndexContents HTML* .pdf

That says to use the HTML* parser for pdf files.  (but you don't need
that if using spider.pl because spider.pl will see that the pdf was
converted to text/html and tell swish-e to use the HTML parser.)

I have to run, but let me know if you want to try 2.4.0.  Otherwise,
I'll look at your email more in detail.