Re: Memory Problems while indexing

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 17:58:04 GMT
On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 08:33:19AM -0700, Klingensmith, Rick wrote:

> I am receiving the following warning in my log files from the indexing job:
> Warning: Configuration setting for TmpDir 'D:/Inetpub/Indexes/Temp' will be
> overridden by environment setting 'C:\DOCUME~1\rek\LOCALS~1\Temp' which does
> not exist. When I look in the specified temp directory I've found SWISH-e
> work files so I'm not sure if this is a problem or not.

I think swish-e is giving that warning because you are using TmpDir but
it found a setting in your environment for TMPDIR, TMP, or TEMP.

> 1468 files indexed.  39,839,610 total bytes.  810188 total words.
> Elapsed time: 00:32:05 CPU time: 00:32:05

I wonder why your CPU time is the same as Elapsed time.  32 minutes of
CPU is a lot for 1468 files, I'd think.  Maybe that's a Windows thing.

> The archives and FAQ point to the -e option to fix memory issues. What have
> I missed?
[...]
> We've received an error while indexing our website the last two
> attempts. The error reads The instruction at "0x0041cca7" referenced
> memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Well, I don't know windows error messages, but it looks like something
tried to read a null pointer.

Do you have a Linux machine on your network?  Can you try indexing the
same files there?