Re: enyay character

From: Greg Ford <greg(at)not-real.reddfish.co.nz>
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 04:24:06 GMT
Hi David

> Can swish-e handle the n~ or enyay character? how should it be encoded?
Can
> it handle it case insensitively?

See the FAQ on "How do I index non-English words?"

I think the characters you want are ISO 8859-1 characters 209 () and
241 () - on Windows you can produce them by typing alt-0241 or alt-209.
If you want the unicode characters, it is a different problem because
SWISH-E only really supports 8 bit characters...

I think there's 2 main options for handling accented characters...

1) add the characters into the WordCharacters so that they appear in your
(you then have to type them into the search strings)

2) Use TranslateCharacters :ascii7 to translate them into n and N so that
your searches are "accent insensitive".

Greg Ford