Re: Ignoring tags of a certain class.

From: John McGowan <mcgowan(at)not-real.lynch2.com>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 19:22:34 GMT
moseley@hank.org wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 07:27:18AM -0700, John McGowan wrote:
>

>>I'm indexing a site that has an entirely textual navigation system, and
>>I want to configure swish-e to ignore those menus when indexing the
>>site.  The site is at http://www.emiliemcgowan.com/
>>

>Is your site generated from templates or dynamically?

The site is generated dynamically.

>http://swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-FAQ.html#How_do_I_prevent_indexing_parts_of_a_document_

I like the idea of using the <!-- SwishCommand noindex/index --> comments

I don't know why I didn't notice that before... I guess I didn't look
close enough at the FAQ, and focused on the CONFIG part of the
documentation.

Also since things are generated dynamically, I'm thinking about making
those comments dynamic based on the Agent, and only have them spit out
if it's spider.pl hitting the page.

Thank you very much!

/John