Re: Perl error: offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 05:13:35 GMT
On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 08:21:28AM -0700, ARBELAEZ CORTES JOSE FERNANDO wrote:

> (offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)

My guess is you are running an older version of CGI.pm that displays
that under some cases.  perldoc CGI should describe that.

What's this show on your machine?

$ perl -MCGI -le 'print $CGI::VERSION'
2.81

I'd upgrade as the first option.  Otherwise, there used to be a -nodebug
option when loading CGI.pm, but that does not seem to be supported since
version 2.57:

Version 2.57

   1. Added -debug pragma and turned off auto reading of STDIN.

If your version is that old then (beside upgrading) you might look at
the CGI.pm code and see if you can set something like CGI::DEBUG = 0.  I
just don't know if that is correct or not as I don't have a version that
old.