Re: building perl mod for 2.2.3

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 22:47:18 GMT
Thanks, Bill, for this pointer. I was able to make it work with this:

$ perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$PUBSROOT/tools/usr/perl_mods/tmp
LDDLFLAGS="-shared -L/usr/local/lib -Lpath/to/my/zlib/linux/lib"

Evidently I had another version of zlib installed in /usr/lib but
without the development headers. The version I had compiled in
path/to/my/zlib/linux was complete, but I needed to include that in the
Makefile.

pek

--
Peter Karman - Software Publications Programmer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 - mailto:karman@cray.com