From: Fábio Carvalho <fcarvalho(at)>
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 14:39:54 GMT
Thanks for help.
I Agree with you that a database would be better, but for this case,
maintaining a database
will be a extra work.
I´ll try your suggestion

                    Enviado Por:              Para:   Multiple recipients of list <>
                          Assunto:     [SWISH-E] Re: Index FLAT FILE
                    25/08/2003 11:16
                    Responder a

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 06:09:01AM -0700, Fábio Carvalho wrote:
> Hi All,
> I Have a file that contains some informations about runners, position,
> time, name and it is published
> once a month. And i want to index this file, someboy knows if SWISH-E can
> index ONE flat file and
> return lines for a search ?

It could by breaking the file up by line (-S prog with a simple perl
script and index each line as <filename>:<line>), but it sounds like you
are using the wrong tool.  Seems like a database would be a better tool.

Bill Moseley