Re: building perl mod for 2.2.3

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 19:48:44 GMT
On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 12:18:21PM -0700, Peter Karman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build the perl module for 2.2.3 under RedHat 7.3
> Linux pubslinux 2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686 unknown
>
> swish-e builds fine. I installed the library. Then tried building the perl
> module, but it errors without finding -lz. I just build this successfully under
> IRIX and Solaris this a.m., so not sure what it's looking for (Linux is usually
> the easiest of the three... :) ).

No kidding.

If just starting out I'd strongly recommend a current dev of 2.4 and
using the SWISH::API module.  I think you will like that interface
better and it's replacing the SWISHE module.  If you need something more
"official" I'll try and get out rc2 soon.  AFAIK, we just have a few
Win32 installer pains to iron out.

Anyway, are you sure you have zlib development packages installed?

Does this work?

$ cat t.c
int main( void )
{