RE: swish-e speed? (performance issues, or bonehead admin?)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 17:20:47 GMT
On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 09:42, Jeffrey Isherwood wrote:
>     261                                         // Get the META tags from the
> file
>     262                                         $aryMetaTags =
> get_meta_tags($strCurrentFile);

Oh!  Ewh!  That could very well be a problem.

Look for a line in search.conf that says this:
  $intGetFileData = 1;
Change it to:
  $intGetFileData = 0;

See if that helps.  I bet it does.  Note the comment right above
$intGetFileData in search.conf that says "may impact speed"  ;-)

Do you need meta properties support?  If so I'll make a beta version of
1.x available.  It breaks some obscure features but it does provide
decent SWISH-E meta properties support.

Simple Web Search was written for SWISH-E 1.2 which didn't support meta
properties.  So, I hacked it by using PHP's built-in HTML metadata
parser.  Really really ugly and terribly bad if you have non-HTML files
in the mix.

The plan is to rewrite SWS for Jose's native PHP module.  (And to
implement a fallback to the swish-e executable.)

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/