RE: swish-e speed? (performance issues, or bonehead admin?)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 21:11:03 GMT
On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 13:38, Jeffrey Isherwood wrote:
> You are right, it's not swish-e directly no...
>
> (Forgot to include this with last post)
> I'm using the perl scripts for simplesearch-1.0.1 to provide the web interface.

Ah, the simple web search PHP script...

> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> /var/www/html/_private/swish/simplesearch-1.0.1/search.php3 on line 262

The only way you should see a timeout is if the swish-e exec is hanging.

Set the debug level to 1 in search.conf.  This will show you the command
the script is executing on a line prefixed with "CommandLine:"  Try
executing that command from a terminal.  Also let me know the command
line.

Are you using the Apache and PHP packages provided by Red Hat?

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/